photo 6homebutton_zpse18d9b54.jpg  photo 7aboutbutton_zps6dc3009b.jpg  photo 8contactbutton_zpscefa5f0b.jpg "> photo 9bloglovin_zpsdaf19b56.jpg  photo 10shopbutton_zps104259a8.jpg

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pinterest Junkie

I hope you all enjoyed my last post and it inspired little DIY for 2014. One of the many amazing things about my job is the freedom to do little projects . Pinterest is full of ideas on how to display jewelry and boy do we have a lot of it! Basically, I was looking for a cute way to display our rings and bracelets. This is what I found....


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/152066924892153935/

This was a really easy project! You can use any plates you want and you can do this for super cheap! To get the look of the one above, I would recommend going to thrift stores and looking through the antique plates they have. I get a little impatient when I have a cute project to do and didn't want to wait to go later in the week, so I decided to check out what my local dollar tree had to offer. They had the plates and the candle stick holder! Score! Now all I needed was the glue.... I would not recommend hot glue, it doesn't hold the best. Instead, use E6000 glue or Epoxy. This project will only take you 20 min to complete, again, soooo easy! Here's what I did:

Step 1: Clean the plates and candle holder first so the glue will hold. Make sure to grab a few Q-tips so you don't glue yourself to the plates.



Step 2: Glue the bottom of the candle holder to the larger plate. Make sure you have it centered because this glue dries really fast! Let it dry for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Fill in the hole where the candle will usually go with your glue so that you have a flat base to set your next plate on. Make sure you cover the top of the candle holder in glue and center your next plate. I let that dry for 10 min.


TA DA! Super cute jewelry display!



I will be making a few more of these for my boutique and a few for my home. How cute would this be on top of a dresser or on the bathroom sink?! Good luck and happy crafting!

XOXO
Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment