photo 6homebutton_zpse18d9b54.jpg  photo 7aboutbutton_zps6dc3009b.jpg  photo 8contactbutton_zpscefa5f0b.jpg "> photo 9bloglovin_zpsdaf19b56.jpg  photo 10shopbutton_zps104259a8.jpg

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Worm

Hi lovely people! Lately, 'When it rains, it pours' has taken on a whole new meaning. We live in a non-stop world and sometimes it's hard to find our little escape. As corny as it may sound, I find mine in a good book, curled up on the couch with a cup of tea (or glass of wine depending on the day I've had). Not a book on a Kindle, Ipad, or any other form of technology, an actual book (hard to believe, I know).

It seems that people tend to forget about good books and focus on the T.V shows, movies, or new games on their phone instead. It is my resolution to read 12 new books this year, one a month. I know that may seem like a low number for some of you, or it may seem astronomical to others, but I think I can handle it. So, with that, I urge you to put down your phones, tablets, and laptops and to pick up a book you can forget about the world in! I've done a little research and these are the three that I'm going to start with. Feel free read along with me and let me know what you think! 


1. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
"Set in the early 1800s author Hannah Kent depicts the life of Agnes Magnúsdóttir, an Icelander on death row for the murder of her lover. After being sentenced she's sent to live with District Officer Jón Jónsson and his family where she is to remain until her execution. Although the book is a work of fiction it draws strongly on real characters and places, which have been painstakingly researched. A truly great read. " 



2. The Poets' Daughters: Dora Wordsworth and Sara Coleridge by Katie Waldegrave
"William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge practically defined the Romantic era in English Literature, but this biographical tale examines the lives of their daughters - best friends who found their lives existed only beneath the success of their fathers. Despite privileged childhoods both Dora and Sara must triumph over tremendous obstacles in order to find their own version of success and ensure their own legacies. "


3. A Flash of Lightning by Tony Drury
"A terror plot, £6 million missing and a love story all combine in this thriller. It's Drury's fourth novel and as an ex-corporate financier, his books borrow from his own wealth of knowledge and have readers immersed in the twisting plot lines."

I hope you can find your little piece of heaven:)
Made with love, Chaney



No comments:

Post a Comment