photo 6homebutton_zpse18d9b54.jpg  photo 7aboutbutton_zps6dc3009b.jpg  photo 8contactbutton_zpscefa5f0b.jpg "> photo 9bloglovin_zpsdaf19b56.jpg  photo 10shopbutton_zps104259a8.jpg

Monday, March 10, 2014

RED

I’ve loved color ever since I was little, and being in fashion we all have favorite colors we lean towards. Growing up I favored yellow, but in college I fell in love with purple, mostly because in pirate country at ECU, purple is in everyone’s color wheel! But in my twenties, “Tiffany blue” became my most admired hue, prompting me to get those cute little boxes tied up with white ribbon and use them just for decoration. But ever since September of 2013, my favorite color has been RED. Not only for the actual color itself, but more for what it represents. You see, my middle son Crews is a Marine currently deployed to Afghanistan, and R.E.D. stands for Remember Everyone Deployed. 


 So every Friday, families of military members have what we call our “R.E.D. Fridays”, where we all wear red and remember those who are currently deployed and are in harm’s way. So the next time you find yourself contemplating what to wear to work that Friday to start your weekend off, how about splashing on a little RED to brighten your day. 
Fondly,
Wendy





1 comment:

  1. I love this, and I will wear red on Fridays for Crews and for all our troops!
    Great job Wendy!

    ReplyDelete