photo 6homebutton_zpse18d9b54.jpg  photo 7aboutbutton_zps6dc3009b.jpg  photo 8contactbutton_zpscefa5f0b.jpg "> photo 9bloglovin_zpsdaf19b56.jpg  photo 10shopbutton_zps104259a8.jpg

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gone With the Wind

Call me crazy, but around this time every year I watch Gone With the Wind. It's my all time favorite..I start daydreaming about Miss. O'Hara's outfits and of course, we can't forget about the infamous Rhett Butler. 


After I watched my DVD for the thousandth time, I got to thinking about southern sayings and terminology, it made me remember that fabulous book I read in high school called G.R.I.T.S. it's an acronym for girls raised in the south, my sixteen year old self about died when I found out about this book. If you haven't read it, I highly suggest you do.


Being a southern gal myself, I became even more interested in sayings and recently found this article from Business Insider. Basically, it is a list of "southern sayings" and what they mean. I have to say, there were a few on there that I'd never heard of either. They gave us a laugh, here are some of our favorites:

-"madder than a wet hen." (one of my momma's favorites, too)

-"we're living in high cotton."

-"That thing is all catawampus."

and my personal favorite:

"Bless your heart."

So tell me, are you from the south; it doesn't matter if you are or aren't, what's your favorite southern saying?


No comments:

Post a Comment