photo 6homebutton_zpse18d9b54.jpg  photo 7aboutbutton_zps6dc3009b.jpg  photo 8contactbutton_zpscefa5f0b.jpg "> photo 9bloglovin_zpsdaf19b56.jpg  photo 10shopbutton_zps104259a8.jpg

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jacquie from Harrisonburg here! You all must like me cause I’m back!

Homecoming.  Its that time of year again.  However, this time it had a different feel for me.  My one and only son went to his first.
 


  Isn’t he handsome?  And I’ll admit it – I LOVED these things.  I ended up going to 8 Homecomings and 5 proms (I was friends with many a boy that couldn’t find girls to their school dances and I was the break-glass-in-case-of-emergency date).  Here is me at mine.  Oh, you gotta love the 90s….
 


 And now as an adult, I find myself missing those kind of occasions.  Those once a year events that you dressed up, danced, and had a blast with your friends. I'm not the only one. Lots of times, those who are out of their school days and say things at the shop like “I love that dress – I just have nowhere to wear it”.  To that I say, make your own event!  Have your own Homecoming – you may not have a DJ and a gym to have it in but you certainly can put up a few streamers, tell your buds to dress up, and crank your iPod. After all, we can’t have kids have all the fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment