photo 6homebutton_zpse18d9b54.jpg  photo 7aboutbutton_zps6dc3009b.jpg  photo 8contactbutton_zpscefa5f0b.jpg "> photo 9bloglovin_zpsdaf19b56.jpg  photo 10shopbutton_zps104259a8.jpg

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mo' Monet, No Problem

With a recent trip to NYC under my belt, I cannot stop thinking about the met. the art. the glory. the love. the beauty. If you're into art at all..even if you just think something is pretty...I'm down with that. A trip to the met was a big deal for me (having been once before, I could never appreciate the art then as i do now), as you see I was an art history major, so yeah, I love this stuff. The amount of hours one could spend at the met is insane in itself..I could literally spend a week in there and we were pressed for time...so it was a game-time decision on where to go and what to see. I grabbed that met map and was gone (like speedy gonzalez). 

the first painting I saw: Monet, Haystacks. I died.

Mo' Monet..the bride at giverny. See previous post here

Van Gogh, le sigh.

and then the dance class by Degas (AHHHHH!)

Degas again..he was killin' it and I was l-u-v-i-n' it.

I promise you, I've got more pictures and it was very hard to pick which ones made it up here. Big moments for this gal..you know you love it when you get a little teary eyed seeing these paintings in the real. You'd probably die if you knew how much time I spent writing a twenty eight page paper about those haystacks up yonder..so to actually see it, made it all that much more worth it. Wonder what will happen if I make it to the Louvre...oh lawd. Do you like art...have you been to the met? Let us know in the comments below. 

hunter



No comments:

Post a Comment